Thursday, April 5, 2012

4/05/2012

It may sound weird but getting to know my new body is a challenge. I never thought I would say that. Sean noticed last night that I have been gripping about my new add-ons more than loving on them. Just like bowling most things require a bit of muscle and body knowledge. I feel clumsy picking up the laundry, pulling things out of the washing machine, holding a pool stick.

Mostly I have just been whining. I need to get over it this mood that I have let myself fall in. I used to be a generally happy person but, lately I have noticed that I tend to be more of a glass half empty sort of person. I am not much for this attitude in others so I can't let it be mine. I won't become the sullen pesimist who never has anything positive to say.

I have a friend that when asked how he is doing he always responds with "Great but, things are always looking better." It makes me smile just being close to him due to his strong positive attitude. So over the next two weeks we are going to talk about changing the way you view your personal world.

This week my goal is to remember ten things I am grateful for every single day.

Today.
I am grateful to have a beautiful girl who turned six years old today.  Who is growing up so quickly. 

I am grateful for my husband who is always here telling me how much there is to be grateful for.

I am thankful for my toes... Because they are small and cute.

I am thankful that I am able to stay home with my children.

I am thankful that my brother and I are back on talking terms.

I am thankful that my community supports my family and our interests.

I am thankful for my doctors who continue to make my body better.

I am thankful that I can see the sun today.

I am thankful that I don't have to count my money before I buy my groceries.

I am thankful for my new add-on for honestly making me feel whole again.


No comments:

Post a Comment