Thursday, April 19, 2012

04/19/2012

The girl I wish I was.. There are times when you watch a movie and you can almost see yourself in her character. Maybe not the you now but, the you you want to be. Or just a side of you that you don't reach for often enough. For me that person is Meg Ryan in "You Have Mail". I love the way she smiles, how light she is, and of course how funny she is when she is pissed.

I often watch this movie again and again trying to figure out what it is that I love about her. Honestly, I just think I know. I may be the underdog with the flare to fight. Or her innocence that come out strong all the way through.

 Innocence in adults is both cute, endearing, and agitating. The thought that any one can make it through life with innocence still intact is incredible. Untouchable. It takes the world on a ride because no one has innocence anymore. It was lost long ago when I was SO small that I couldn't reach the counter top. I grew up to quickly to enjoy the years of innocence.

Then there is her hair. I wish my hair could look like that. Or even close to that. I love it. Love it.

It may also be this was the first romance I truly fell in love with. It stuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment